When a bone is fractured, it can mean anything from a small hairline stress fracture to a fully offset broken bone caused by a high-impact force. As such, while anyone with a fracture, or suspected fracture, should seek medical attention, you don’t necessarily need to go straight to the emergency room.
PrimaCare is able to help you diagnose and treat most minor-to-moderate bone fractures. It’ll save you time and money without sacrificing quality medical care. From x-rays to splints to casts, our doctors can take care of your fracture so that it heals correctly and quickly.
However, for severe fractures, we urge patients to go to the emergency room. These include any fractures that:
- Are open (the broken bone is either penetrating through the skin or a wound penetrates down to the broken bone)
- Are severely bleeding
- Involve life-threatening conditions
- Involve head injury
- Cause loss of consciousness
If your fracture injury doesn’t include any of the above conditions, come visit a PrimaCare location. We’ll get you fixed up and back to your everyday life in no time.
Visit PrimaCare for:
- Abscess incision and drainage
- Allergic reactions
- Athlete’s foot/fungus infection
- Burns from heat or chemical exposure
- Diaper rash
- Ear infection
- Eye infection
- Flu symptoms
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Insect bites
- Itchy skin
- Runny nose
- Sinus infection
- Skin allergy
- Skin infections
- Sore throat
- STD testing and treatment
- Stomachaches and stomach pains
- Urinary tract infections
- Wound infection
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 9-1-1 immediately.